Thursday, September 1, 2011

I'm back!!

Yesterday I was at the VA hospital and it was my first time cleaning a patient since last year! I was super nervous. I had the sweetest old man. He was so complimentary and told me his whole life story. I thoroughly enjoyed having him as my patient. It was great to have someone in the chair that helped to calm my nerves. My first VA experience was a good one.
Today was my first clinic session of the year at Weber. My pt this morning was a class V and this afternoon my dad came in. I was able to get some xray requirements as well as eight quads. I think the thing that I learned the most today is that I don't have to scale every tooth. I can use an exploratory stroke to find those spots of calculus and then scale. This diminished my scale time quite a bit. I was able to complete the pt faster and I think using that exploratory stroke is helping me to feel for those spots of calculus build up. It helped my tactile sensitivity.
I've had a really great couple of days. They've helped to boost my self esteem! Now look....something will go wrong! ha ha such is life!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment