Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Health History . . .BAH!!

I can't believe it! This is my third week of dental hygiene! The weeks seem to be getting better and better. I had a bit of a break down over the first week of school. . . I didn't know what I had gotten myself into! Things are getting better - much better. Thank heavens!
Today I was able to pass off two of my PE's. I am ahead of the schedule when it comes to PE's. I was worried that I wasn't going to be able to pass one of them off today, but Emily graciously offered to be my patient for chairside positioning. Bless her!
Now I can devote all of my time to the Health History PE we learned today. Heaven only knows I'm going to need a lot of work on this one. There is a lot of stuff to remember when you are doing a health history with your patient. I struggle with knowing what side effects to list with each medication. We have to look up any medications listed and list the side effects that could compromise the pt in our chair.

1 comment:

  1. You lucky dog. I WISH I could have passed those 2 PE's off, but our clinic this morning was mental. way to be ahead!

    ReplyDelete