Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Eight o'clock or twelve o'clock?

I started to feel like a real hygienist today! This afternoon we used out typodont and learned how to probe the correct surfaces of the teeth depending on the "clock position" we are sitting in.
We also learned the neutral working position. Your posture is key when you're working on patients. A number of problems can occur physically if you don't take care of yourself from the beginning. Instead of bending over to see the teeth, we learned to use our mirrors. It was pretty crazy!
This weekend I'm planning on taking my typodont home along with some instruments. "Fred" the typodont is going to be my first victim . . . I might even call upon one of my family members . . . Who knows!
Practice makes perfect and I'm starting to get the hang of things! I don't want to forget anything over the long weekend!!!
Over and out! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment