Wednesday, September 15, 2010

STRESS!!!

I am really worried about passing off my HHX PE. We didn't have time to do it today, so now I have to wait an entire weekend to get it done! I guess it will give me more time to study . . .but I'm still a little stressed.
All stressing aside, today was a good day. Our instructors taught us how to do extra oral exams. These exams are done to make sure that the patient doesn't have any abnormalities of the skin or lymph nodes. It is also a screening for cancer. We worked on each other. Emily was my first patient and then Julie and I got together.
Along with the extra oral exam we worked on fulcruming our mirror in the patient mouth. We used the standard chair positions and worked on our posture while we found fulcrum points that worked the best for us. It was a bit crazy to get used to, but I think I got the hang of it. I had excellent patients today - they were really patient with me and helped me get things accomplished.
Bonus part of today? Last class of the week! Wish me luck on my tests this weekend!!!

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way about the HHX PE, totally unpredictable.

    ReplyDelete