Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Calculus finder!

My goal for today was to finish my patient. My patient today was my mother and she was an excellent patient. Last time she was in I was able to get one quad done. So today I only had three remaining. Along with the three quads I was able to pass of another PE and take and Xray of a tooth that is giving her trouble.
I felt like things went really smoothly today. Intsructor Hafen helped me a ton. I missed one little spot of calculus that was extremely interproximal. She helped me to feel it and then to use another type of scaler to find the calculus. I really like the way that she teaches. Its super helpful and shes very complimentary.
I had a great day today and I feel like I'm starting to get the hang of things. I'm trying to find little ways to keep succeeding.
My goal for the remaning appointments is to pass off a PE each time. So far so good! Three down! :)

2 comments:

  1. Good job Karlie!! You're the best! Not going to lie, PE's have somehow slipped my mind... Now I'm going to have to play catch up! Oops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. jealousy. I agree with MeChel. I don't even think about the PE's until I see other people with theirs out and think oh . . . I am an idiot. great. Good jarb though. I like Hafen too, she is helpful.

    ReplyDelete